Subject: Re: World Construction Set home page?
From: [email-masked] (Jamie Krutz) ()
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 23:55:47 -0800

Hi Mike,

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Mike Harlock) writes:
> I went to look for WCS on the web and all I came up with is this wacky UK
> mag page that wanted all sorts of personal information before it would let
> me on their pages, so I aborted.

Browse on over to:

http://www.dimensional.com/~questar

> Isn't there an official WCS home page?  If there is, someone should register
> it with Yahoo...even Alta Vista and Lycos didn't come up with anything.

How do you register pages with Yahoo? 

Hopefully search engines can find it if you search for "Questar" (World
Construction Set is made by Questar Productions).

There are links to the Questar page from Dave's page and from various 
Amiga related pages. If anyone else wants to provide a link please do. If 
anyone has suggestions for sites where there ought to be links to the
WCS page please send them to: 

[email-masked]

> what I'm really looking for is a a few full resolution screenshots, and no,
> I don't have the newer light rom CD set.

There are some cool example pictures you can check out. Keep your
eye on the site because new pictures get added periodically. You can
also get a printed flyer by emailing to the above address and requesting
it, or by filling out a form on the web site.

There will also be some example animations and a WCS +LW tutorial
in an upcoming issue of Lightspeed.

BTW, as far as "Full resolution" goes, you can vary the rendering in 
WCS to create images of appropriate resolution for what you are doing 
(video, film, print, etc.).

WCS V2 is so new there's a lot of exploring to do. For those of you 
with WCS if you have created some cool pictures you want to show 
off contact the above email address. It's always great to see what 
y'all are doing with World Construction Set. The possibilities are vast.

Best Regards,
 -Jamie (WCS manual writer etc.)